5.7.10

BODICE #1

Last week I finally got around to making  the Barbarella inspired bodice. It's made of a thick clear PVC and it's riveted together, not sewn. I didn't follow any pattern to make it, I just put the PVC against myself, and with the help of my very helpful boyfriend, I marked on where I thought the darts and cuts should go. Voila!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hand-made bodice worn with Maison Martin Margiela Bodysuit


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Barabarella and her fantastic costume; inspiration for the bodice. Image: julaberry




 - Matea

3 comments:

  1. holy shit guys! this is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW TO
    1. YOUR HAIR!!!!!
    2. THAT BODICE


    LOVE YOUR BLOG

    FOLLOWING


    http://noirxxxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous. uncanny. did u sew the pvc with an industrial machine? also how did u do those grommets? punk rock for diy!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think, we appreciate it :)