21.7.10

COSTUME DEPARTMENT #3

So I finally got around to watching Run, Lola, Run after several months of pestering by my bf. It is a VERY 90s (1998 to be exact) German film directed by Tom Tykwer. Aside from the copious amounts of running, as you'd expect from a film with "run" in it's title twice, it was really good and I would recommend watching it.
Now, onto the style related!


1. First up, I LOVED Lola's (played by Franka Potente) ridiculously home-y/90s/euro outfit. She remains in the same outfit throughout. It consists of a diy cut off singlet crop top in a teal-ish blue colour, checked green wide fit pants, white bra, Dr Marten shoes and a loose belt with attached coin pouch. Oh and her fantastic bright orange hair, although I'd have preferred it if it wasn't verging on dreads.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
(she has a pet turtle!!)


2. Her grungy jewellery. This diy looking necklace, and her random assortment of rings; a big silver bauble, what looks like Bruce Lee wearing a tiara, and a colourful gemlike one.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


3. Also of note, her bf Manni's arm tattoo. I have no idea what it is of, but it really caught my eye. Lola also has tattoos but they can't really be seen clearly in any scene.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The costume designer on this film was Monika Jacobs who interestingly enough was the costume designer on one of my favourite films, Wings of Desire. Christa Krista was the hair designer, one of the makeup artists was Babette Broseke who also did makeup for the TV series Lexx and the other makeup artist was Margit Neufink.

I was quite suprised to find that Franka Potente who plays Lola, has also had acting roles in The Bourne Supremacy, Romulus My Father, Blow and TV show House M. D.


- Matea

1 comment:

  1. hey guys, saw your blog on adelaide fashion collective, it's really great!
    and i read your 'about me' section. insanely jealous of all your skills/experience. x

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think, we appreciate it :)