Our class started elastic sided asymmetrical ankle boots last week, and I JUST about finished mine today. I would have loved to show you these on, but I was way to eager to post them now, and unfortunately I made two identical soles instead of opposites... so I'll be finishing the other one off next week.
I used a reptile print embossed on bovine leather, which was a nice aesthetic choice but probably not the most appropriate.
Here's why; because the leather is stiff to begin with and then embossed it makes it rather rigid and difficult to stretch, this last has a square front and the pattern is only two pieces so there is a lot of stretching required. To get this done I had to soak the leather in about half a litre of leather conditioner to soften it. As you can see in the second image, the downside to this was that due to all the stretching on the top, the embossed effect has been almost destroyed!
However... these are the most comfortable shoes I have made to date :)